Frequently asked Questions

What are the benefits of studying in Canada?

Canada has a first rated educational system with high academic standards and rigorous quality controls ensures that the students will be earning a high-quality education that will benefit for a long term career in international context. A Canadian degree, diploma or certificate is well-regarded in business, government and academic circles around the globe.

What is the education system of Canada?

The education system in Canada constitutes both publicly-funded and private schools,including: community colleges / technical institutes , career colleges, language schools, secondary schools, summer camps, universities and university colleges. In Canada for the most part the education is provided publicly, funded and overseen by federal, provincial, and local governments.

The certificate which I am attaining from Canada is valid around the globe?

Yes. The qualification obtained from Canada is globally recognized.

What is the cost of studying at Canada?

The quality of education and living standards in Canada are amongst the highest in the world, but the cost of living and tuition fees for international students are generally lower when comparing to other countries such as the United States and the United Kingdom. On an average, an international student needs to pay a minimum of C$14,000 (approx)to as high as C$40,000 per year. Living costs in Canada are a bit above average, but the high quality of life is guaranteed. You would need a minimum amount of 1,000- 1,200 CAD/month for most of the provinces

What are the basic eligibility criteria to get the admission for studies at Canada?

You must have the academic and experience documents according to the program/institute requirements where you going to study. Most importantly you have to get clear with the required IELTS score.

Will I get Scholarship?

Scholarships and awards for international students are available; it is highly competitive and based on the profile of the students. The details about the scholarship will be there in the official website of them.

Can I work part time?

Yes. Part Time Work Opportunity is available to international students while studying.

What are post study work opportunities?

After the graduation, you can apply for a work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP).

Will I get PR after my studies?

In Canada Students will get the opportunity to explore the Permanent Residency (PR).

How will apply for my studies?

According to the institution’s rules, you have to send the filled application form with required documents.

Do I need to pay any tuition fees before getting the visa?

Yes. You need to make a deposit payment (Most probably one semester fees) as mentioned in your offer letter within the deadline mentioned.

What is GIC?

GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate) which enables an international student to meet the requirements of the Citizenship and Immigration Canada guidelines and provides access to funds to help pay for living expenses while he is studying in Canada. Under this program, the student can purchase a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from Scotia bank/ICICI Bank for $10,000 Canadian dollars (CAD).
A GIC is an investment account that offers a guaranteed interest rate over a fixed period of time.

Do I need to any kind of Medical check up?


How will I apply for my visa?

The expertise staff at M& G will help you to file your visa application.

What will I do, if my visa got refused?

You can either resubmit your application by providing explanations and documentations to alleviate the concerns raised by the High commission/embassy or you can avail the study options in other countries.

Will you help me to get the refunds?

Yes. We will assist you with the refund of your tuition fees that you have made to the institutions.

Will there be any kind of financial loss, if my visa is getting refused?

If your visa got rejected, most institutions will refund the tuition fees after a nominal deduction of administrative charges which is usually mentioned in the offer letter or the concerned institution’s website. The visa application fees is non refundable.

When can I travel after getting my visa?

The preferable time to travel is –1 Month before the class start date.

Do I need a separate visa to do part time work?


How will M&G support me to full fill my dream of Canada studies?

M & G Immigration and Study Abroad Consultants are associated with Mathew and Gupta Barristers (Lawyers) and solicitors, based in Toronto, Canada. Our experienced team of Lawyers in Toronto and the well experienced staff in Indian office will advice you in selecting the right courses based on your previous study and experience and arranging admissions in different Colleges /Universities in Canada and submitting visa applications.