Be a Nurse in the UK
If you are an internationally educated nurse looking to live and work in the UK, M&G can guide you every step of the way. We are recruiting nurses for the NHS throughout the UK.
Minimum Criteria to Enter Our Program
- Registered Nurse
- Current nursing license
- 6 months of experience (preferred)
- English language proficiency:
IELTS with a minimum score of 7 in reading, speaking and listening and 6.5 in writing or OET with minimum grade of B in reading, speaking and listening and C+ in writing
following are the step by step description of the process:
- Step 1: Account creation.
- Step 2: Complete eligibility & qualification application.
- Step 3: Upload documents supporting your qualification & professional registration.
- Step 4: Submit your application by making a payment of £140.
The NMC will take about 35 business days to complete the process of initial assessment and NMC will contact you once complete. On successful completion of the initial assessment, you will be able to book the LEVEL 1 test of competence, ie CBT (Computer based test) which can be booked and appeared from any part of the world.
On successful completion of the NMC’s tests of competence-Part-1, the applicant can begin the final stage of Registration. The steps involved are:
- Step 1: General Health Declaration
- Step 2: Character Declaration / PCC
- Step 3: English Language Proficiency evidence (IELTS / OET)
- Step 4: Payment of Registration fee £153
- Step 5: Identity and Biometric verification
We advise nurses to complete second part of the registration as soon they pass the CBT and before they travel to the UK. However, the LEVEL 2 test of competence, ie OSCE (Observed Structured Clinical Examination) has to appear from any of the test centers in the UK. You would need to complete the self declaration before NMC issues your registration Number.
NMC’s tests of competence:
- Computer Based Test (CBT) – Pearson VUE Test Centers across the world.
- Observed Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) conducted at:
1. University of Northampton, UK
2. Oxford Brookes University, UK
3. Ulster University, UK
Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Multiple choices
- 120 questions
- 4 hours max duration
- 68% score overall to pass
- Maximum 2 re-sits
Stage 2 – Observed Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)
- 6 OSCE stations.
- 20 minutes per station with 5 minutes familiarization.
- 4 stations are scenario-based, related to holistic patient-centered nursing and midwifery care.
- 2 stations are focused on practical clinical skills.
- Unique 20 criterion-based assessment sheet for each station.
- Maximum 2 re-sits.
Fees associated with NMC Registration:
- Initial Assessment fee £140
- Part 1 test of competence (CBT) £83
- Part 2 test of competence (OSCE) £794
- Admission to the NMC register £153
For More Information
Call: 0484 7196766