Immigration : 8594022222 | 8594033333

Study Abroad: 7592033333 | 7592044444

Immigration : 8594022222 | 8594033333

Study Abroad: 7592033333 | 7592044444

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Home » Study Abroad Services » Study in Australia » FAQ for Australia

Frequently asked Questions?

What can I study on a student visa?

International students can only study CRICOS-approved courses. Therefore,not all institutions or courses are available to you. However, there is a huge selection of programs, at all levels of education, available across the country.

Why should I study in Australia?

Over 600,000 international students across 140 countries choose to study inAustralia each year. Recent surveys conducted by Studies in Australia indicate four main reasons why international students choose to study in Australia:
- Globally recognised courses and institutions
- Lively and multicultural lifestyle
- Reasonable study costs
- Beautiful weather and landscapes

How much will it cost to study in Australia?

Tuition ranges in price from:
- $200-$350 a week for an English course (ELICOS)
- $3,000-$10,000 for a certificate or diploma
- $15,000-$35,000 a year for a Bachelor or Masters

What English language tests are acceptable for Australian student visas?

There are five different tests accepted for Australian student visa applications:
- Test of English as a Foreign
- Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)
- Occupational English Test (OET)
Pearson Test of English (PTE).

Can I work during my studies in Australia?

Yes, you can work while you’re studying in Australia. International students are permitted to work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight during study periods and unlimited hours during study breaks. There are no work restrictions for students completing masters by research or doctoral degree.

Can I work immediately on a Student Visa?

If your Visa is granted before your start date, you will have to wait before you start to work.

Can I take an online course?

No, you cannot take ‘online-only’ courses. To qualify for a student visa, you must attend face-to-face classes. You will attend and average of 2-3 days a week. However, by visa rules, 25% of your course content can be online.

How long does it take to enrol in a course?

We can generally have your enrolled within 1-4 weeks, depending on the institution.

Do I have to pay all the tuition fees at once?

No, you can pay your tuition in installments – usually every 3 to 6 months depending on the institution. The exception is for English courses, where you must pay the first 3 months upfront.

Do I need an IELTS exam to enrol and get my visa?

For non-native English speakers, this will depend on what you study, and your passport nationality.

Can I travel on my student visa?

Yes, you can exit and enter Australia as many times as you need to while your visa is valid.

What is Evidence of Funds?

Immigration expects that you will have sufficient funds to live and study in Australia. This amounts to $19,830 for your first year’s living expenses + fees for your first year of tuition + return airfare.This evidence can also be shown by one, or both, of your parents if they earned the equivalent of $AUD 60,000 in the last financial year. This must be shown in the form of official government-issued tax statements.

Will I get a refund if my visa is refused?

The institution will refund your tuition, minus the enrolment fee.You OSHC is fully refundable.You will NOT get your visa application fees refunded.

What are my work conditions on a Student Visa?

The website indicates that the student Visa allows you to work 40h per fortnight and without limitation during your school holidays.

Can I put my partner/family/child as a dependant on my student Visa?

It is possible to add a dependent on your Student Visa, as long as you can prove a minimum of 12-month relationship as a couple or a marriage certificate

Can I leave the country on a student Visa?

You can leave Australia and come back whenever you want, as long as your Student Visa is still valid. It is a multiple Travel Visa, which means you’re not limited in terms of travel, as long as your respect your student visa conditions.

Contact us to get free guidance.

Our Australia Study Abroad consultants can help you.

Our Study Abroad consultants at M&G is available on contact nos. +91 8594022222. You can also send your queries  to our email id-