Frequently asked Questions (FAQ)

How will I know what course I should take, and how long I need to study for?

When you apply through M&G, you will communicate with our counselling, admissions and visa team, who will look at your academic background and English level, and find out about your study plans and interests. Based on all of these things, they will recommend the best programme of study for you.

When can I start applying for the UK programs?

Considering your application as early as possible is the best way to go. After all, the sooner you gain acceptance into a university, the sooner you can arrange your travels. The main intake offered by almost Universities is September / October few universities offer Jan / Feb intake also.

What are the entry requirements to apply for admission?

Entry requirements vary between universities, so be sure to check the information provided by your prospective university before submitting anything.

What documentation should I submit with my application?

You may be asked to provide some supporting documentation as part of your application. Once again, requirements vary depending on the country and university, but international students are often asked to provide the following:

  • Passport photos for identification
  • A statement of purpose
  • CV/résumé
  • Academic references/ letters of recommendation
  • Certificate and transcripts of your Secondary education/Bachelors/Masters
  • Proof of English-language proficiency (e.g. a TOEFL/IELTS certificate, for schools in English-speaking countries), or other language test

Will I need to attend an admissions interview?

Most of the universities hold international interviews, so you may be expected to attend one of these. There is also a growing trend of using video interviewing. This is like any other interview, with a prearranged time and date, but will take place online, via an application such as Skype.

Do I need a visa to study in the UK?

If you do not have a UK or EU passport (because of dual citizenship), and if you live outside the European Union, you will almost certainly be classed as a visa national and will need to obtain a Tier 4 visa before you can study in the UK.

Can I work during my studies in the UK?

Yes. Under the Tier 4 visa, you can work up to 20 hours a week during your studies.

When can I submit for my Visa?

After receiving the CAS letter from the institution and making the living cost arrangements you can proceed towards the visa submission.

Who will help me to do my Visa Application?

The expertise visa documentation staff at M&G will help you to file the visa application.